10 Experiences Not to be Missed at Bhakti Fest
Yoga festivals you’ve been told are a MUST experience. Here are some tips to help you attain that yoga glow, and not get overwhelmed at Bhakti Fest next month.
- There’s no way to sink into the “bhav” (sacred mood) like a grounding yoga class. Bhakti Fest will hold three yoga halls will be running from 7:30am-7pm daily at Bhakti Fest. From the legendary Dharma Mittra to local favorites like Govind Das & Radha, there are ongoing classes for every body, background, and personal taste.
- Have you been intending to detox but life (and potentially happy hour) always seem to get in the way? Take your experience to even higher heights this year with Bhakti Fest’s Juice Cleanse offered by Nectar of the Gods! Bhakti Fest is the perfect environment to engage in a cleanse, as it is a drug and alcohol free.
- Looking to connect with fellow yogis? Meet us at the Heart Chakra… Tipi of course. Join Chakra Village in their Heart Chakra Tipi at 11:11am and/or pm every night for some deep and sacred sound healing. Attune to the vibration and the natural vibration of the universe…
- Looking to connect with—well, you? Take care of your body and treat yourself to a relaxing massage. From Thai, to Shiatsu, to Reiki, Bhakti Fest’s Healing Sanctuary offers every modality under the desert sun.
- Whether you’re looking to expand your consciousness of simply find shade, visit the EarthWE lounge. Connect and network with the EarthWE community in real time to learn about revolutionary organizations and people.
- Go from groggy to glowing in a matter of minutes. Shiva Rea will be leading participants on a journey at the Joshua Tree Labyrinth on Saturday to experience an integrated collective heart meditation as the sun rises.
- Make sure to catch Bhakti Fest’s exclusive 2014 interview with Ram Dass for infinite wisdom and inspiration. Can’t get enough? The interviews are also available in a book!
- Visit the Women’s Red Tent to engage in community and connection. Bhakti Fest offers this space specifically for women to gather together in an intimate, supportive, and safe environment to explore their individual and the collective Shakti. And for men Zat Baraka will be leading a workshop just for YOU!
- Sip on some chai for a good cause—Bhakti Fest’s Chaibrary with all proceeds will benefit Food for Life Vrindavan.
- Don’t forget to visit the Bhakti Shoppe for a variety of goods directly imported from India including authentic mala beads, deities, incense, yoga apparel, and more!
Bhakti Fest 2014 will take place from September 4-7, 2014 at the Joshua Tree Retreat Center. Filled with three yoga halls, two music stages, two workshop halls, a breathwork hall, and a Women’s only Red Tent, there is truly something for everyone at Bhakti Fest! For more details, visit Bhaktifest.com Use promo code yogatree for $50 off your ticket purchase.
About the Author: Vanessa Harris is the Co-Producer of Bhakti Fest and a contributing writer for LA YOGA Magazine.